Torridge District Council's aim is to make this already beautiful area a great place to live, work and visit. We are committed to providing an employee reward package that will attract, retain, motivate and reward our employees.
Our employee rewards and benefits include:
- a competitive salary
- a defined benefit pension scheme, based on your career average earnings, including the option for additional voluntary contributions (*)
- a minimum of 21 days annual leave per year (pro rata) rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service (depending on salary). In addition to this the Council closes over the Christmas period plus time off is given for all bank holidays (**)
- option to purchase additional annual leave through our salary traded leave policy
- a range of family friendly policies
- a worklife balance policy recognising the diverse needs of employees and allowing you to help balance the demands of your work and personal life
- flexi time allowing you to work your weekly hours on a flexible basis (subject to needs of the service)
- payment of relevant professional fees
- childcare vouchers
- relocation package of up to £8,000 (***)
- relevant learning and development opportunities, with the possibility for financial and/or other assistance to support your future career aspirations
- eye test voucher with contribution towards glasses if appropriate
- free car parking during working hours
- cycle to work scheme allowing you to hire a bike for an agreed amount of time and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. It's like a year round sale, with interest free credit available in over 2,000 retailers nationwide
- CSSC sports and leisure discounts providing countless opportunities for members to pursue sporting, leisure and social interests on a heavily subsidised basis
- a vast array of benefits through the KAARP benefits scheme, which provides access to special offers including money off driving lessons, reduced rate holiday insurance, discounts on theme park entry fees and much more
If you would like a discussion about living and working in the Torridge Area please contact a member of the HR team on 01237 428788 or email email@example.com.
(*) The Government has placed restrictions on the tax free benefits that you can have at retirement as well as the amount that your pension savings can grow each year before being subject to a tax charge by HMRC. Before taking up your new role please seek independent financial advice. Please visit the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) website for further information.
(**) Some staff (primarily in waste and recycling) are required to work over the Christmas period.
(***) Subject to policy.